Update 02: Dukane A preset fixed!
Download Synesthesia PB4
- Advanced options: configurable pre and post processing limiters (the former to protect Synesthesia from overload, the latter to keep output levels under control). Two algorithms are supported: a soft clipper for darker / more analogue-is sound and a brickwall limiter for transparency.
- Drive slider now controls both static and dynamic waveshaping (depending on the state of the DYN GRAPH switch)
- Red bracket around DRIVE slider indicates input overload (just decrease the drive until it goes away and you're set).
- Some bugfixes (don't ask, I don't remember any more :), but some little things has been spotted/corrected)
- Altec 1612b preamp presets
- Dukane Medallion 5 channel presets
Special thanks to Langston Masingale for the measurement data.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Saturday, April 09, 2011
Synesthesia PB3-10 download link
- Compensated trim control
- Optional limiter with visual feedback
- BAE 1074 presets
- Yamaha PM700 presets
- high input levels generating audio mayhem
So, thanks to Langston Masingale some new presets has been added (and some others will follow soon). The ones with the "-EQ" suffix also emulate the frequency characteristics (a kind of "rough" estimation). The "-A" version is the one closest to the measurements, and I have also added some variations as well (-B, -C, etc...).
Also I have realized that high input levels (sub-bass and the like) can result is some serious distortions (not the nice kind ). So now all presets include a limiter that keeps nasty stuff from happening. If you drive the limiter too hard you will get an indication (bright red bracket around the "Drive" slider).
Also, the "Drive" slider has a second function now, if DYN GRAPH is off, it applies an input trim (+/) dB that is compensated at the output. Practically this can be used to control the amount of saturation. When DYN GRAPH is enabled, the slider controls the amount of dynamic saturation (just like in previous versions).